Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Back on the Rails (Part Two)

trains from Doc Sleaze on Vimeo.

OK, so here's that video of trains actually running on my still incomplete model railway layout, that I promised yesterday.  It includes some footage I shot today of the other mainline being tested under power,  First up is my old Hornby unrebuilt Bulleid pacific hauling four Mk 1 coaches (consisting of a Lima BSK, Mainline SO, Hornby CK and another Lima BSK) and a CCT on the up line.  This is followed by one of my Wrenn rebuilt  Bulleid pacifics hauling four old Triang/Hornby Pullmans and an ex-LMS GUV on the down line, in a rough approximation of the 'Bournemouth Belle' in its latter days.

As you can see, while most of the track is laid, the storage sidings have yet to be installed and no scenic work has been started, let alone buildings put in place.   There's still a way to go yet with this layout.  You can also tell from the video that my spare room has, of late, become a repository for all manner of junk.  Clearing this out and generally cleaning the room up is also high on my 'to do' list.  So, plenty still to do on this project.  But atleast I've finally got some trains moving, which is very satisfying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home